The dsTest Gateway Emulator provides a flexible and convenient way to test various network configurations and elements. Use the Gateway Emulator to test:
- GTPv1 Intefaces: Gn, Gp;
- GTPv2 Interfaces: S11, S5;
- GTPv1/GTPv2 Roaming Handover(HO)/Interworking;
- Dynamic Polcy Enforcement;
- IMS application server interaction;
- Online Charging;
- Offline Charging.
With the SGSN node emulation option, dsTest emulates a SGSN supporting Iu/ Gb, Gn and Gi (combined SGSN/GGSN emulation) interfaces. The emulator can be used for testing 2G/3G RANs, Firewalls and other devices that communicate over the Gi interface in the case of combined SGSN/GGSN emulation.
Similarly, as a SGW emulator, dsTest supports testing of S11, S5, and SGi interfaces for testing 4G RANs, and you can test interworking between 3GPP 3G and the EPC, as specified in 3GPP TS 23.401.
The Gateway Emulator can be used to test GTPv1/GTPv2 Handover scenarios, supporting combinations of SGSN, SGW, GGSN, and PGW simulation.
As a Policy Enforcement Gateway (PEG), the Gateway Emulator leverages current dsTest emulator/simulator technology to provide:
- Extension of real-time, dynamic policy enforcement to the device;
- Central policy enforcement point for testing various scenarios;
- Testing network congestion with Wi-Fi offload use cases based on preferential network access, subscriber tier or type, device, application, quota, or network conditions;
- Testing of QoS;
- Testing seamless service experience across all access networks.
Gateway Emulator Portability
dsTest is a software based test solution, and the Gateway Emulator can be configured on a Linux COTS server. Developing Solutions also offers a miniature desktop server that allows the Gateway Emulator testing solution to be transported easily to test sites. Depending upon what tests are desired, your network test can be initiated using your smartphone.*
- ARM Cortex-A9 CPU (iMX6 quad core 1.2Ghz)
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB solid state disk
- 2xGb Ethernet
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 4x USG 2.0/USB OTG
- 1080p HDMI 1.4 + DVI-D
- S/PDIF & analog audio
- Micro SD
- 2x RS232 serial
- Power 12v DC 1.5A
- 135mm x 100mm x 21mm (5.3″ x 3.9″ x 0.8″)
- *Smartphone not included
Gateway Emulator Use Cases
Use Case 1: Policy Enforcement Gateway
- Establish/Initialize Session
- Usage Update/Report
- QoS Change from PCRF
- Rule Add-Remove
- Session Terminate