With dsClient GUI, you can create and run testing scenarios, graph real-time measurements, and manage your dsTest servers and testing scenarios with a standalone application that runs on your PC. dsClient GUI includes these features:
- XML document creation, maintenance and management;
- SmartFlow/SmartEvents creation using a visual, drag-n-drop state machine diagramming tool;
- Operational Measurement (OM) reporting, display and graphing;
- Packet Capture and Display;
- Bundling of files for archiving or handing off to other users for import into their dsTest xml libraries;
- dsTest Server management;
- Interaction with tests while they’re running, including SmartMonitor;
- Integrated SSH connection for interacting directly with the dsTest server;
- Windows and Linux platform support.
XML Document Creation, Maintenance and Management
dsClient GUI enables you to produce XML documents, no matter how complex, without any specific knowledge of XML. The only contact with XML is when the finished document is produced, with the click of a button. As more nodes, interfaces, and subscribers are configured, you can build a structure and provision parameter values to suit test goals. dsClient GUI increases your efficiency with:
- XML wizard for creation of complete XML documents or XML Snippets;
- Real-time validation of parameter values;
- XML structures that are always schema compliant;
- Automatic upgrade to new schema versions when dsTest is upgraded, with support for multiple versions;
- A library of commonly-used or standard configurations in XML Snippets that can be included in an XML document or in a higher level XML Snippet;
- Ability to import existing dsTest XML configuration files;
- Configuration of groups of subscriber that share the same profiles.
- Creation and maintenance of documents that are schema compliant when not connected to the test server network;
- Creation of test configuration “bundles” that can be archived or handed off to other users for import into their libraries
- Annotation of the test case so that it is well documented for other users/testers.
When testing with multiple vendors, build separate node configurations to vendor requirements and easily change from one to another in your test scenarios. Build interface configurations for any available protocol with the appropriate addressing information and switch between them by choosing a different option from a selection list. Configure different subscriber databases and save them with names that clearly identify their purposes. In addition to the ease of swapping between configurations, you’ll be able to easily identify how your subscribers are configured.
SmartFlow/SmartEvents creation using a visual, drag-n-drop state machine diagraming tool
- Produce your SmartFlow or SmartEvents state machine by dragging and dropping state definitions and event handlers on a canvas;
- Easily insert, modify, or delete states and event handlers by deleting the corresponding graphical representations on the canvas;
- Modify the behavior of interface applications and coordinate multiple interface applications from within a single state machine;
- Import configuration files created with earlier versions of dsClient GUI – the existing state flows can be easily modified using the drag-n-drop tool;
- With the SmartMonitorr feature, watch as subscribers move through the state machine state-by-state;
- See visual indications of logical errors and omissions within the state flow such as dead ends or unreachable states in addition to the standard XML validation;
- Get automatic validation against the dsTest schema, so that you are ensured that the configuration is schema compliant;
- Produce snapshots of the resulting state flow diagram (png or gif) for importing into other documentation;
- Save the SmartFlow/SmartEvents portion of your configuration as a separate XML snippet, and can be included in other configuration files.
You can display packets from existing capture files on the dsTest server(s), and collect and display streaming packets from a active test scenario.
Operational Measurements Display and Graphing
dsClient provides a graphical display of the Operational Measurements (OM) collected by the dsTest applications. Multiple OMs can be directed to one or more graphs to provide comparative displays. You can save your chart configurations so that they can be reused in subsequent tests of the same type. With our user configurable color selection, your graphs can be designed to provide unique presentations of specific OM data.
Test Scenario Management
You can interact with currently running test scenarios:
- Save run time commands with the test scenario and execute with the click of a button;
- Create command shortcuts with limited scope (only affect the emulators configured in the workspace);
- Query or modify parameter values during run time;
- Pipe dsTest log messages back to the GUI;
- Send messages to other users who are connected to a particular server;
- Access the server via SSH connection.
dsTest Server Management
dsClient GUI downloads and maintains information from the dsTest server(s). When you start dsClient GUI, it scans the registered servers and updates the information as necessary. With this feature, you are ensured that dsClient is using the same schema as the server(s). You can work with the files even if the server network is unreachable. The information maintained includes:
- dsTest schema files that govern configuration and command options for the various applications;
- The server’s current dsTest license.