dsTest® supports AAA server emulation and client interface simulation capabilities for the 3GPP Diameter SWa interface. This solution is for customers testing an AAA server or an Access Network Gateway (AGW) to an untrusted non-3GPP IP network. The SWa interface is stateful, and is specified in 3GPP TS 29.273.
Test AAA and AGW SWa interfaces with our Home Subscriber Server (HSS) Emulator or use the AAA simulation in the SWa interface application to test the capacity and performance of an HSS. Use the HSS Emulator and the Interface applications in tandem to test Diameter Routing Agents (DRA), Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents. dsTest provides more tools for EPC compliance testing.
Comprehensive sets of operational measurements for the SWa Interface, EAP, Diameter, and socket level are collected at configurable intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI or graphed via our dsClient GUI.
Extensible Authorization Protocol (EAP)
The SWa reference point performs authentication based on reuse of the DER/DEA command set defined in Diameter Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).
The SWa Interface application provides the following procedures:
- Authentication and Authorization
- Re-Authentication and Re-Authorization
- Non-3GPP Access Network Initiated Session Termination
- HSS/AAA Initiated Detach
A complete set of events that can be generated with the SWa interface application can be found here, and our Diameter Dictionary can be used to design, test, validate, and interpret the results of your Diameter testing.
When testing an AAA server, the SWa Interface application can be used on the AGW to test the responses of the AAA to messages from the AGW. When used together with our SWx Interface application on a HSS client node you can provide a more complete AAA functional and load test solution.
AGW Testing (Server Emulation)
A node configured with the SWa Interface application can function as an AAA Emulator providing services to the AGW over SWa in support of functional or load testing of your HSS.
When used in conjunction with the Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF), Online Charging System (OCS), and Offline Charging System (OFCS) emulators, dsTest can offer all of the services needed to test a HSS or PGW.
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions® testing assistance solutions:
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing.
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.
- 3GPP TS 23.402 and TS 29.273
- Diameter – RFC 6733, RFC 3588
- Diameter EAP – RFC 4072
- SCTP – RFC 4960
- TCP – RFC 793
- dsTest Specification Map
General Reference Guides
- Diameter Dictionary
- Diameter Result Codes
- RADIUS Dictionary
- S1 Dictionary
- GTP Cause Codes
- GTPCv1 Dictionary
- GTPCv2 Dictionary
- MAP Dictionary
- M3 Dictionary
- SIP Response Codes
- CIoT Network Reference
- EPC Network Reference