dsTest supports AAA server emulation and client interface simulation capabilities for the 3GPP Diameter STa interface. The solution is ideal for customers testing an Access Network Gateway (AGW) or AAA server. Test AAA and AGW STa interfaces with our Home Subscriber Server (HSS) Emulator. Use the AAA simulation in the STa interface application to test the capacity and performance of an HSS. In your evolved High Rate Packet Data (eHRPD) network, test the interaction between the HRPD Serving Gateway (HSGW) and the 3GPP2 AAA Proxy with the STa Interface application, which is equivalent to the Pi* interface between those nodes when the optional Pi*3GPP2 Diameter application is not supported. Use the HSS Emulator and the Interface applications in tandem to test Diameter Routing Agents (DRA), Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents. dsTest provides more tools for EPC compliance testing. The STa interface is specified in 3GPP TS 29.273.
Comprehensive sets of operational measurements for the STa Interface, EAP, Diameter, and socket level are collected at configurable intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI or graphed via our dsClient GUI.
Extensible Authorization Protocol (EAP)
The STa reference point performs authentication based on reuse of the DER/DEA command set defined in Diameter Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).
The STa Interface application provides the following procedures:
- Authentication and Authorization
- Re-Authentication and Re-Authorization
- Access Network Initiated Session Termination
- HSS/AAA Initiated Detach
A complete set of events that can be generated with the STa interface application can be found here.
AAA Testing (Client Simulation)
When testing an AAA server, the STa Interface application can be used on the AGW to test the responses of the AAA to messages from the AGW. When used together with our SWx Interface application on a HSS client node you can provide a more complete AAA functional and load test solution.
AGW Testing (Server Emulation)
When used in conjunction with the Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF), Online Charging System (OCS), and Offline Charging System (OFCS) emulators, dsTest can offer all of the services needed to test a PGW.
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions® testing assistance solutions:
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing.
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.
- 3GPP TS 23.402 and Ts 29.273 (STa)/X.S0057-A(Pi*)
- Diameter – RFC 6733, RFC 3588
- Diameter EAP – RFC 4072
- SCTP – RFC 4960
- TCP – RFC 793