dsTest supports server emulation and client simulation for the 3GPP Diameter S9 interface. Test policy interworking between domains to a Visiting Policy Control and Charging Rules Function (V-PCRF) in 3GPP 4G and LTE networks with our PCRF Emulator. Test VoLTE and PCC interactions by using the S9 Interface Application with other dsTest Interface Applications such as Gx, Rx, Ro, Rf, and Sd. Use the PCRF Emulator and S9 Interface application in tandem to test Diameter Routing Agents (DRA), Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents. Simulate a V-PCRF with the S9 Interface application to test the capacity and performance of an H-PCRF. dsTest provides more tools for Diameter compliance testing.
Comprehensive sets of operational measurements for the S9 Interface, Diameter, and socket level are collected at configurable intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI interface or graphed via our dsClient GUI interface.
The S9 application implements the following procedures:
- Initiate an Initial Request message from an idle transaction.
- Initiate a rule install for an active transaction.
- Initiate a rule remove for an active transaction
- Initiate an Application Detection and Control (ADC) rule install for an active transaction.
- Initiate an ADC rule remove for an active transaction.
- V-PCRF Initiated Event Trigger
- V-PCRF Indication of IP-CAN Service Establishment or Resource Addition
- V-PCRF Indication of IP-CAN Service or Resource Modification
- V-PCRF Indication of IP-CAN Service Termination or Resource Deletion
A complete set of events that can be generated with the S9 interface application can be found here, and our Diameter Dictionary can be used to contruct, test, and validate the results of your S9 testing.
The S9 Interface application can be used as part of the PCRF server Emulator to test the reaction of a client V-PCRF to PCC rule installation, modification, and removal or ADC rule installation and removal. Test capacity and performance of your V-PCRF nodes while you verify that the nodes correctly interact with the PCRF Emulator, sending indications of establishment/modification/termination of IP-CAN services and resources.
Multiple V-PCRF nodes can be instantiated on a single server, each with scalable subscriber loads and transaction rates. In this mode, up to 1000 independent nodes may be simultaneously simulated. The nodes are fully independent and their subscriber configurations may also be independent, overlap, or be duplicated.
The S9 Interface application can be used as a S9 client simulator to test the impact of new PCRF features and standards before they are deployed in a network. The S9 interface, in conjunction with the Rx, Gx and Gxx interfaces, allow users to fully validate PCRF performance and capacity in a realistic network environment, replicating a deployment configuration.
Advanced Diameter Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions advanced testing features:
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our complete Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing.
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.
- 3GPP TS 23.203, TS 29.212, and TS 29.215
- Diameter – RFCs 6733, RFC 3588
- SCTP – RFC 4960
- TCP – RFC 793
- dsTest Specification Map
General Reference Guides
- Diameter Dictionary
- Diameter Result Codes
- RADIUS Dictionary
- S1 Dictionary
- GTP Cause Codes
- GTPCv1 Dictionary
- GTPCv2 Dictionary
- MAP Dictionary
- M3 Dictionary
- SIP Response Codes
- CIoT Network Reference
- EPC Network Reference