dsTest supports AAA server emulation and client interface capabilities for the 3GPP S6b Diameter interface. The solution is ideal for customers testing a Packet Data Network Gateway (PGW) or AAA server. Test AAA and PGW S6b interfaces with our Home Subscriber Server (HSS) Emulator. Use the AAA simulation in the S6b interface application to test the capacity and performance of an HSS. Use the HSS Emulator and the Interface applications in tandem to test Diameter Routing Agents (DRA), Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents.
Comprehensive sets of operational measurements for the S6b Interface, Diameter, EAP, and socket level are collected at configurable intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI interface or graphed via our dsClient GUI interface.
Extensible Authorization Protocol (EAP)
The S6b reference point performs authentication based on reuse of the DER/DEA command set defined in Diameter Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP).
The S6b application implements the following procedures:
- Authentication and Authorization
- Re-Authentication and Re-Authorization
- Access Network (PGW) Initiated Session Termination
- HSS/3GPP AAA Initiated Detach
A complete set of events that can be generated with the S6b interface application can be found here.
When testing an AAA server, the S6b Interface application can be used on the PGW to test the responses of the AAA to messages from the PGW. When used together with our SWx Interface application on a HSS client node you can provide a more complete AAA functional and load test solution.
A node configured with the S6b Interface application can function as an AAA Emulator providing services to the PGW over S6b in support of functional or load testing of your HSS.
When used in conjunction with the Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF), Online Charging System (OCS), and Offline Charging System (OFCS) emulators, dsTest can offer all of the services needed to test a PGW.
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions advanced testing features:
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing.
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.
- 3GPP TS 23.402 and TS 29.273
- Diameter – RFC 6733, RFC 3588
- Diameter EAP – RFC 4072
- SCTP – RFC 4960
- TCP – RFC 793
General Reference Guides
- Diameter Dictionary
- Diameter Result Codes
- RADIUS Dictionary
- S1 Dictionary
- GTP Cause Codes
- GTPCv1 Dictionary
- GTPCv2 Dictionary
- SIP Response Codes
- Specification Map