dsTest supports server emulation and client simulation capabilities for the 3GPP Diameter Rf/Gz interface. Test PDN Gateway (PGW) interfaces and IMS Call Session Control Function (CSCF) interfaces in 4G and LTE networks with our Offline Charging System (OFCS) Emulator. Use the Charging Triggering Function (CTF) simulation in the Rf Interface application to test the capacity and performance of an OFCS. Test VoLTE and PCC interactions by using the Rf/Gz Interface Application with other dsTest Interface Applications such as Gx, Rx, Ro, and S6. Use the OFCS Emulator and the Rf Interface application in tandem to test Diameter Routing Agents (DRA), Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents. dsTest provides more tools for LTE testing. The Rf/Gz interfaces are specified in 3GPP TS 32.251 and TS 32.299.
Comprehensive sets of operational measurements for the Gz/Rf Interface, Diameter, and socket level are collected at configurable intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI interface or graphed via our dsClient GUI interface.
The Rf Interface application supports the following charging scenarios:
- Event Based Charging
- Session Based Charging
A complete set of events that can be generated with the Rf interface application can be found here, and our Diameter Dictionary can be used to construct, test, validate and interpret the results of your Diameter testing.
The OFCS emulator handles offline charging procedures based on configurable subscriber profiles responding to charging events from CTFs and eliminating the need to dedicate a production OFCS to lab activities.
OFCS Testing (Client Simulation)
The Rf Interface application can be used to simulate a PGW’s or CSCF’s CTF functionality to determine the impact of new charging strategies or OFCS features and standards before they are deployed in a network. The Rf Interface application allows a user to validate OFCS performance and capacity in a realistic network environment, replicating the deployment configuration. The CTF can simulate the following Diameter Accounting actions to the OFCS:
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions advanced testing features:
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions;
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing;
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.
- Rf/Gz – 3GPP TS 32.251 and TS 32.299
- Diameter – RFC 6733, RFC 3588
- SCTP – RFC 4960
- TCP – RFC 793
General Reference Guides
- Diameter Dictionary
- Diameter Result Codes
- RADIUS Dictionary
- S1 Dictionary
- GTP Cause Values
- Specification Map