dsTest supports server emulation and client simulation capabilities for the 3GPP Diameter Sh and Dh interfaces. Test client Application Server (AS) Sh interfaces in LTE networks with our Home Subscriber Server (HSS) Emulator. Use the AS simulation in the Sh Interface application to test the capacity and performance of an HSS. Use the Dh Interface Application to test your Server Location Function (SLF).
Our Sh/Dh interface application, along with the comprehensive set of dsTest’s EPC and IMS interface applications, such as Rx, Cx/Dx, Ro/Gy, Rf/Gz, and SIP interface signalling simulation between IP Multimedia Services (IMS) nodes, dsTest provides full featured end-to-end testing capabilities for 3G/4G/5G packet core networks, including IMS and Voice over LTE (VoLTE) testing.
Comprehensive sets of operational measurements for the Sh Interface, Diameter, and socket level are collected at configurable intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI or graphed via our dsClient GUI.
The Sh application implements the following procedures:
- Data Read (Sh-Pull);
- Data Update (Sh-Update);
- Subscription to Notifications (Sh-Subs-Notify);
- Notifications (Sh-Notif) with optional Notif-Eff support.
A full set of the events that can be configured by the Sh Interface Application can be found here.
The HSS Emulator provides Mobile Subscriber data repository services for the Sh interface, including transparent and non-transparent data—all of the functionality required by an AS. The HSS emulator executes procedures based on configurable subscriber profiles, responding to requests from AS servers and eliminating the need to dedicate a production server to lab activities. You can modify subscriber transparent and non-transparent data during run-time and execute a test event chain with a run-time command or during an automated test to initiate an Sh-Notif procedure.
Multiple HSS Emulators can be instantiated on a single server. In this mode each emulator can support multiple interfaces, up to an aggregate of 1000 client connections across all emulators. The emulators are fully independent and their subscriber databases may be independent, overlap, or be duplicated.
The Sh Interface application can be used to simulate AS functionality to determine the impact of HSS features and standards before they are deployed in a network. The Sh Interface application allows you to validate HSS performance and capacity in a realistic network environment, replicating the deployment configuration.
Execute timed chains of test events with a run-time command or during an automated test to trigger AS-initiated procedures.
- Request user data;
- Update user data;
- Subscribe or unsubscribe to notifications and optionally include the send data indication in new subscription requests.
Multiple AS nodes can be instantiated on a single server, each with scalable subscriber loads and transaction rates. In this mode, up to 1000 independent nodes may be simultaneously simulated. The nodes are fully independent and their subscriber configurations may be independent, overlap, or be duplicated.
The Sh/Dh Interface application can be used as a AS simulator to test the performance and capacity of your Server Location Function (SLF) before it is deployed in your network.
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions testing assistance solutions:
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing;
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used;
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.