With the dsTest 3GPP S13 Interface Application, LTE network equipment manufacturers and service providers will be able to reduce time to market of new services while ensuring that quality and performance requirements are not compromised. With this interface application from Developing Solutions, you can:
- Validate network node performance and capacity in a realistic network environment, replicating the deployment configuration;
- Test MME S13 and SGSN S13’ interfaces with an Equipment Identity Register (EIR) simulator (with S13 interface) or our Home Subscriber Server (HSS) Emulator;
- Use the S13 Interface application to test the capacity and performance of an EIR;
- Test Diameter Routing Agents (DRA), Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents by using an EIR simulator or our HSS Emulator with S13 Interface application.
Easily configurable subscriber databases, containing millions of subscribers, enables you to test with a realistic mix of subscriber profiles. Read more about dsTest Capacity and Performance. dsTest also provides more tools for EPC compliance testing.
Comprehensive sets of operational measurements for the S13/S13′ Interface, Diameter, and socket level are collected at configurable intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI or graphed via our dsClient GUI.
The S13 Interface application supports the Mobile Equipment Identity (MEI) Check procedure. A complete set of events that can be generated with the S13 interface application can be found here, and our Diameter Dictionary can be used to construct, test, validate, and interpret the results of your Diameter testing.
The S13 Interface application simulates an MME’s S13 interface or an SGSN’s S13’ interface to test an EIR’s capacity and performance and helps to determine the impact of new EIR features and standards before they are deployed in a network.
Multiple SGSN and MME nodes can be instantiated on a single dsTest server, each with scalable subscriber loads and transaction rates. In this mode the S13 interfaces of up to 1000 independent MME and SGSN nodes may be simultaneously running. The nodes are fully independent and their subscriber configurations may be independent, may overlap, or may be duplicated.
MME/SGSN Testing (Server Emulation)
Include S13 interface functionality in your lab without dedicating a production EIR server. The S13 Interface application can provide EIR simulation and, along with the HSS Emulator, provide MEI data repository service for the S13 and S13’ interfaces—all of the functionality required by an MME or an SGSN plus the benefits of lower cost and ease of configuration.
You can reconfigure your subscriber database in seconds rather than hours by simply loading a new configuration file. The subscriber database can be configured with a mix of valid and invalid MEIs and various status codes, causing the return of unknown equipment responses, white-listed, or black-listed status codes for subscribers.
An EIR simulator with the S13 interface can support up to 1024 simultaneous connections with a mix of MMEs and SGSNs. Multiple EIR simulators can run simultaneously, each with an independent subscriber database.
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions advanced testing features:
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing.
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.