dsTest supports OCS emulation and PGW and CSCF client simulation for the 3GPP Diameter Gy/Ro interface. Test PDN Gateway Gy interfaces and IMS Call Session Control Function (CSCF) Ro interfaces in 4G and LTE networks with our Online Charging System (OCS) Emulator. Use the PGW’s Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF) simulation with the Gy/Ro Interface application to test the capacity and performance of an OCS. Test VoLTE and PCC interactions by using the Ro/Gy Interface Application with other dsTest Interface Applications such as Gx, Rx, Ro, and S6. Use the OCS Emulator and the Ro/Gy Interface application in tandem to test Diameter Routing Agents (DRA), Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents. dsTest provides more tools for LTE testing. The Ro/Gy interface is specified in 3GPP TS 32.240 and TS 32.299.
Comprehensive sets of operational measurements for the Ro/Gy Interface, Diameter, and socket level are collected at configurable intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI interface or graphed via our dsClient GUI interface.
The Gy/Ro Interface application implements the following charging scenarios:
- Immediate event charging (IEC)
- Event charging with unit reservation (ECUR)
- Session-based charging with unit reservation (SCUR)
A complete set of events that can be generated with the R0 interface application can be found here, and our Diameter Dictionary can be used to construct, test, validate, and interpret the results of your Diameter testing.
PGW(PCEF) and CSCF Testing (Server Emulation)
The OCS Emulator executes Diameter Credit Control Application (DCCA) procedures based on configurable subscriber profiles, credit pools, and tariffs, responding to charging events from Charging Enforcement/Charging Trigger Functions and eliminating the need to dedicate a production server to lab activities. You can reconfigure credit balances in real-time, simulating the expiration of credit and testing a PGW’s compliance with network credit policies. When the Ro interface is also present, charging events from a CSCF are supported.
The OCS Emulator provides Mobile Subscriber credit control services for the Gy and Ro interfaces—all of the functionality required by a PGW or a CSCF plus all of the benefits of an emulator.
Configurable services, quota allocation rules, credit pools, tariffs, and subscriber profiles give you the flexibility to fully test charging strategies for new prepaid services before they are deployed in a live network.
- Test a PCEF’s usage reporting;
- Reconfigure credit balances with run-time commands to simulate the expiration of credit, testing a PCEF’s termination behavior;
- Control interface to change the emulator’s behavior;
- Reconfigure your emulator in seconds by simply loading a new configuration file;
- Simulate a non-responsive server by pausing the emulator or simulate intermittent issues by pausing and resuming;
- Disable individual subscribers during the test run, generating unknown subscriber errors.
One OCS Emulator can support any mixture of interfaces, up to 1000 client connections. Multiple OCS Emulators can be instantiated on a single server. In this mode each emulator can support multiple interfaces, up to an aggregate of 1000 client connections across all emulators. The emulators are fully independent and their subscriber databases may be independent, overlap, or be duplicated.
OCS Testing (Client Simulation)
The Gy/Ro Interface application can be used to simulate a PGW’s or a CSCF’s charging enforcement functionality to determine the impact of new charging strategies or OCS features and standards before they are deployed in a network. The Gy/Ro Interface application allows users to validate OCS performance and capacity in a realistic network environment, replicating the deployment configuration.
Execute timed chains of test events with a run-time command or during an automated test to generate Credit Control Requests (CCRs) towards the OCS.
- Construct session-based charging event cycles – initiate the session with reserve unit requests, generate combined debit unit and reserve unit requests to simulate ongoing resource usage, and generate final debit unit requests when the session ends or when credit expires
- Generate debit unit requests to simulate event-based charging events
Multiple PGW and CSCF simulators can be instantiated on a single server, each with scalable subscriber loads and transaction rates. In this mode, up to 1000 independent nodes may be simultaneously simulated. The nodes are fully independent and their subscriber configurations may also be independent, overlap, or be duplicated.
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions® advanced testing features:
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing.
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.