Developing Solutions supports DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) for IPv4 and IPv6 with their dsTest suite of network testing software products. The dsTest DHCP application provides a mechanism for passing configuration parameters to servers connected to a TCP/IP network, such as IP address, in an automatic manner. dsTest DHCP assigns IP addresses to clients for a finite lease time, allowing for sequential reassignment of addresses to different users. Use the DHCP application when testing your WLAN Interworking and Dynamic Policy and Charging Control (PCC) scenarios. With the dsTest DHCP application, you can increase the effectiveness of your current test environments, supporting the testing of entities such as a Traffic Detection Function (TDF) with existing Packet Data Network (PDN) media gateway nodes. Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) applications can be tested, enhancing the policy enforcement information provided by your Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF).
A rich set of operational measurements is collected at specified intervals and stored on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI interface or graphed via our dsClient GUI interface.
Click here for a Use Case Flow that uses the dsTest DHCP application for leveraging your existing PDN test environment.
The dsTest DHCP Server:
- Controls and maintains a pool of IP address which may be dynamically allocated and released to/from clients, and are assigned with a DHCP message exchange with DHCP clients or relay agents;
- Uses a standard lease mechanism to determine how long a client can use an address. When the address is no longer in use, it is returned to the pool and is available to be reassigned;
- Maintains information about the binding of IP addresses to clients, ensuring that no address is used by more than one client.
- Listens for broadcasts from BOOTP clients discovering a BOOTP server and provides them with an IP address;
- Can simultaneously perform as a BOOTP server and as a DHCP server.
DHCP clients or relay agents from other vendors can use the services of the dsTest DHCP server.
A complete set of events that can be generated with the DHCP Application can be found here.
DHCP Relay Agent Implementation
The dsTest DHCP relay agent provides these events:
- DHCPDISCOVER – Initiate a negotiation;
- DHCPREQUEST – Request an IP Lease in the DHCP negotiation;
- DHCPRENEW – Renew a DHCP lease;
- DHCPREBIND – Rebind an expired DHCP lease;
- DHCPRELEASE – Release a DHCP lease;
- DHCPINFORM – Obtain DHCP Options.
The DHCP client also supports an interface to a BOOTP relay agent address.
You can configure and operate your DHCP nodes via the dsClient CLI, or use the dsClient GUI to easily configure and modify your DHCP configurations.
DHCP – RFC 2131, 2132, 1542
General Reference Guides
- Diameter Dictionary
- Diameter Result Codes
- RADIUS Dictionary
- S1 Dictionary
- GTP Cause Codes
- GTPCv1 Dictionary
- GTPCv2 Dictionary
- MAP Dictionary
- M3 Dictionary
- SIP Response Codes
- CIoT Network Reference
- EPC Network Reference