McKinney, TX (April 23, 2014) – The Diameter Sd Interface is available via 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Release 10 and 11 standards TS 23.203 and TS 29.212. The addition of the Sd interface to the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) provides two major improvements to Policy Management:
- Simplifying the network, and policy management, by moving many aspects of policy management from the gateway to the Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) and the Traffic Detection Function (TDF);
- Support for Application Detection and Control (ADC) rules, allowing operators to offer new and more comprehensive services and capabilities in dynamic policy management based upon Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) of over-the-top (OTT) traffic.
The addition of this policy management allows operators to enhance and extend Quality of Service (QoS) management for services such as Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and video streaming, based upon DPI and the Traffic Detection Function (TDF).
dsTest® supports the Sd Diameter interface on both the Policy Charging and Rules Function (PCRF) and the Traffic Detection Function (TDF) in 3GPP LTE networks. With our PCRF emulator or TDF simulator, provisioning and reporting of Application Detection and Control (ADC) rules, usage monitoring, and other Sd functionality can be tested on your TDF or PCRF.
For more information, see our web page on the Sd Interface, and our Use Case on Testing DPI within an existing PDN test environment.
Other dsTest Resources and Features
- dsTest Products
- Diameter Dictionary
- Diameter Result Code Reference
- Specification Map/Reference
- SmartEvents – This Use Case was prepared using dsTest and dsClient GUI, configured with SmartEvents on both the PCEF and the PCRF
- SmartAVP – Custom AVPs can be added, AVPs can be removed or modified in real time
- dsClient GUI – A graphical user interface for configuring and running dsTest
dsTest originates, receives, and processes signaling traffic into and from the core network. Multiple emulated nodes can be coordinated to simulate the UE traffic for complex signaling interactions such as VoLTE. Unlike some test tools, dsTest provides stateful, standards-based applications that react appropriately to both expected and unexpected events without the need for scripting, simplifying the process of performance testing the signaling core. dsTest surpasses all other tools with its capacity, its performance, and the ease with which you can customize the scenarios and messages to achieve your testing goals.
To learn more about Developing Solutions core network emulation and test solutions, refer to our product page or contact Developing Solutions, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 233-8350.
About Developing Solutions, Inc.
Developing Solutions is a test equipment software development firm founded in 2002 with extensive experience in the Telecom and Datacom industries, including both NEM and test equipment manufacturers. Developing Solutions is located in the DFW Metroplex.