McKinney TX (February 25, 2013) – Developing Solutions® was invited by the European Advanced Networking Test Center AG (EANTC) to participate in multi-phase testing of the Cisco® Quantum™ Policy Suite. Developing Solutions’ dsTest® supported EANTC’s testing with flexible configurations based on the Quantum Policy Suite’s capabilities and EANTC’s test plan.
Using dsTest, EANTC validated various benchmarks for the Quantum Policy Suite, including:
- 50,000 new sessions activated per second;
- Linear scale-out to 250,000 transactions per second;
- 75 million concurrent active subscribers running 195 million simultaneous Diameter sessions;
- Less than 14 millisecond average transaction latency.
dsTest provided PCEF and CSCF simulation with 24 simultaneous Gx and Rx interface connections, hosted on a single COTS server; and dsClient™ GUI, which allowed EANTC to quickly construct complicated test configurations including call flow state machines using Developing Solutions’ SmartEvents™ and SmartAVP™ features.
Three separate test phases were implemented:
- Subscriber activation ramp-up: activating 75 million subscribers at 50,000 activations per second;
- Subscriber initiated VoLTE calls, each lasting 15 minutes: At the end of the call, the subscriber also initiated a user location update message, resulting in150,000 Diameter sessions activated per second, and 195 million simultaneous Diameter sessions;
- Subscriber ramp-down: subscriber sessions were terminated at a rate of 50,000 transactions per second.
Using dsClient GUI, dsTest was configured with the PCEF and CSCF simulators running 24 simultaneous Gx and Rx interface connections to support the performance and scalability evaluation of the Quantum Policy Suite.
dsClient GUI also allowed EANTC to monitor the tests in real-time using transaction and message measurement graphing.
dsTest generates signaling traffic into the core network based on simulating UE activity from an emulated node. Multiple emulated nodes can be coordinated to simulate the UE traffic for complex interactions such as VoLTE. Unlike some test tools, dsTest provides stateful, standards-based applications that react appropriately to both expected and unexpected events without the need for scripting. Developing Solutions has simplified the process of performance testing the signaling core. Where dsTest surpasses all other tools is with its capacity, performance, and the ease with which scenarios and message content can be customized to achieve testing goals. dsTest provides unmatched capacity and performance with more than 300,000 stateful protocol transactions per second, scaling to more than 100 million subscribers on a single server.
About Developing Solutions
Developing Solutions focuses on providing test solutions for core network interfaces in Policy & Charging Control (PCC), Subscriber Management, Authentication Accounting & Authorization (AAA), and Diameter Routing Agents (DRA). Developing Solutions was founded in 2002, and has extensive experience in the Telecom and Datacom industries, including both NEM and test equipment manufacturers. The company is located in the DFW Metroplex.