dsTest® supports the Sy interface on both the Policy Charging and Rules Function (PCRF) and the Online Credit System (OCS) in 3GPP LTE networks. Determine the impact of the transfer of information relating to subscriber spending between your OCS and PCRF. Use the Sy Interface application to emulate a PCRF and test the functionality, capacity and performance of your OCS. Use the Sy Interface to emulate an OCS and test the functionality, capacity and performance of your PCRF. Use both a PCRF Emulator and a OCS Emulator with the Sy Interface application to test Diameter Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents.
A rich set of operational measurements is collected at specified intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient CLI interface or graphed via our dsClient GUI interface.
The Sy application implements the following procedures for the PCRF:
- Requests for policy counter status;
- Cancellation of policy counter change.
The Sy application implements the following procedures for the OCS:
- Notification of policy counter change.
Use the Sy Interface application to emulate an OCS to test your PCRF, or to emulate a PCRF to test your OCS.
The Sy Interface application can be used to simulate PCRF and OCS functionality to determine the impact of the transfer of information relating to subscriber spending between the two nodes. The application allows users to validate PCRF and OCS actions in a realistic network environment, replicating the deployment configuration.
- Initiate and terminate requests for policy counter status from the PCRF to the OCS
- Accept policy counter status updates generated by the OCS to the PCRF
Use the Sy Interface application in either of the above scenarios along with our Gx and Ro/Gy Interface applications. Use a combination of client simulators or real network
nodes to test your PCRF and/or your OCS in a realistic network configuration.
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions® advanced testing features:
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP™ solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing.
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents™ to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our complete Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.
- 3GPP TS 29.219
- Diameter – RFCs 6733, 3588
- SCTP – RFC 2960
- TCP – RFC 793