dsTest® supports both server emulation and client interface simulation capabilities for the Cx Diameter application. Test Interrogating Call Session Control Function (I-CSCF) and Serving Call Session Control Function (S-CSCF) Cx interfaces in LTE and UMTS networks with our Home Subscriber Server (HSS) Emulator. Use a CSCF node with our Cx Interface appplication to test the capacity and performance of an HSS. Use the HSS Emulator and Cx Load Generator in tandem to test Diameter Proxies, Relay Agents, and Redirect Agents.
A rich set of operational measurements is collected at specified intervals and stored in a SQLite database on the dsTest server. Real-time measurements may be retrieved through our dsClient™ CLI interface or graphed via our dsClient GUI interface.
The Cx application implements the following procedures:
- User registration status query
- S-CSCF registration/de-registration notification
- Network-initiated de-registration
- User location query
- Update of user profile
The HSS emulator executes procedures based on configurable subscriber profiles, responding to requests and reports from CSCFs and eliminating the need to dedicate a production server to lab activities. You can execute a test event chain with a run-time command or during an automated test to initiate the Cx De-register procedure.
The Cx Interface application can be used to simulate CSCF functionality to determine the impact of new IMS features and standards before they are deployed in a network. The Cx Interface application allows users to validate HSS performance and capacity in a realistic network environment, replicating the deployment configuration.
Execute timed chains of test events with a run-time command or during an automated test to trigger CSCF-initiated procedures.
- User status and location queries
- S-CSCF registration
- Authentication vector requests
- S-CSCF de-registration
Multiple CSCF nodes can be instantiated on a single server, each with scalable subscriber loads and transaction rates. In this mode the Cx interfaces of up to 1000 independent nodes may be simultaneously simulated. The nodes are fully independent and their subscriber configurations may also be independent, overlap, or be duplicated.
Advanced Testing Features
Enhance your testing with Developing Solutions® advanced testing features:
- Insert, delete, or replace AVPs in your messages with our SmartAVP™ solution. SmartAVP enables you to define proprietary signaling or to corrupt AVPs to facilitate negative testing.
- Configure commands to define the series of actions and rates that each subscriber takes. Advanced profiles can be created using SmartEvents™ to define a mix of traffic based on probability assignments. With SmartEvents, you can specify when your SmartAVPs are used.
- Define a set of message templates against which all messages will be validated with our complete Diameter Dictionary. Every Diameter message is validated, even under load conditions.
- Cx – 3GPP TS 23.228 and 29.228
- Diameter – RFCs 6733, 3588 and 5516
- SCTP – RFC 2960 (RFC 3309 checksum)
- TCP – RFC 793